The objectives of our institute
The ecological and hydrobiological research of all aboveground aquatic ecosystems in Hungary, with a special respect to River Danube and its affluents, focusing on
- water and sediment chemistry
- nutrient turnover
- riverine biodiversity
- invasion biology
- hydrobiological monitoring
- ecological state assessment
- structure and functionality of aquatic ecosystems
- natural and anthropogenic disturbances
- climate change.
The mission of the institute
Targeted and cutting-edge exploratory research on current topics in riverine ecology with practical relevance that result in new scientific findings and the development of their societal applications.
Zsolt VÉGVÁRI, Doctor of Sciences
+36 1 279 3100
1113 Budapest, Karolina út 29.
Estate at Debrecen, Department of Tisza Research
+36 52 509200 / 11270
4026 Debrecen, Bem tér 18/C